Tuesday, June 22, 2021

june 2021 donation

this was a fun one! the Animal Rescue League occasionally has a "poorly drawn pets" fundraiser. I missed the last one so jumped this time to pay $25 for a poorly drawn molly. that's right, annie's molly, not my roux. a had to put down molly earlier this year due to her poor health but she was an incredible companion to a, and I'm very thankful. so I texted a and asked for her favorite photo of molly, no questions asked. 

I'll update again when I get the actual drawing!

p.s. technically this is NOT a donation since I'm getting something in return. but I'm counting it as a donation because that's how the org framed it. so yeah, next time you get something from a donation: membership, swag, a poorly drawn pet, you won't also be getting a tax deductible donation receipt because it wasn't actually a donation. ...you'd be surprised how often people argued with me at Algalita. they'd come in, buy an actual thing, and ask for a donation receipt. um.. no. you get a sales receipt, and you paid sales tax, because it was a sale. 

update!!! molly looks so good! on one hand I kind of wanted a terrible one because I think they're so funny. but I'm not totally sure how a would've liked that so possibly this was better. anyway, I sent it over to a and she said she loved it :) wanted to print it and add it to molly's memorial shrine. 


another update!! they put up a flickr album of a bunch of their favorites and of course molly made the cut! they raised nearly $36,000 and their 175+ volunteers drew over 1400 portraits :)

No comments: