Tuesday, April 17, 2012

in line

i was at a store the other day with one checkout line leading to multiple registers. one woman was called to a register but the cashier was called away to something else; he said she would be right back. another register opened up and that cashier asked me to come forward. i told her that the other customer was before me. she tries to, but cannot, get the attention of the customer and tells me she's on the phone. so i go over and tell the customer that a new register has opened. i go back to my place in line. as i get into line, a lady in line tells me "there's a special place in heaven for people like you."

what am i supposed to say to that?

"if your god is correct, i'm going straight to hell. but you remember this: atheists do nice things too!" or maybe "hey, fool, read the bible better; people aren't rewarded for good deeds!" (and nowhere does it say that god would segregate heaven by random acts of kindness) gah. seriously, i appreciate that you appreciate that i'm not a line cutter, but you don't need to tell me incorrect things about your religion by way a "compliment."

No comments: