Thursday, December 14, 2023

december 2023 donation

 

this month I donated to OpenSecrets, which I learned about from npr podcast civics 101. "Nonpartisan, independent and nonprofit, OpenSecrets is the nation's premier research group tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy. Our mission is to track the flow of money in American politics and provide the data and analysis to strengthen democracy."

unrelatedly, the civics 101 podcast is actually from new hampshire public radio, which also produces Outside/In, which I sometimes listen to. I know i've said this before, but I really can't believe that I didn't listen to podcasts until only like 4 years ago and now i have it on all the time. often in place of a tv (cause sometimes you just want a little noise on in the backgroud), and I very rarely listen to music anymore either. anyway, all hail podcasts and public radio! i also listen to podcasts from kcrw, wnyc, west virginia public broadcasting, michigan public, north carolina public radio, and others!

No comments: