Tuesday, August 17, 2021

august 2021 donation

this month I donated early, really early, actually, since I normally wait until the last couple days of the month for some reason. anyway, t had a coworker e whom I've actually met a few times. he went to compton initiative a couple times and t has said he's such a nice guy. earlier this year t said that e had run into some financial problems. he had quit his job just before covid to start his own business (so he wasn't eligible for unemployment and obviously no one was hiring anyone for a while), he had bought a condo, then he ended up in the hospital when his ex best friend and roommate assaulted him. she wanted to start a gofundme for him but wasn't sure if he'd accept since he's a very private guy.

anyway, here we are months later and apparently things are dire enough that he's reached out on FB asking for funds. t screenshot me the message and I immediately donated $50. it's not a lot, but it's double my usual monthly donation. and I plan to, in a couple weeks when donations have probably stopped coming in, donate another $50.

No comments: