Friday, February 19, 2021

february 2021 donation

I was going to "cheat" this month too and count my over $50 of recent shipping costs to mail USBs/SD cards and cameras as my donation, BUT I just realized how much money I'm getting on unemployment, so I can certainly afford to donate an extra $25 this month.

I had really wanted to get to my list from last year (heavy on abortion rights, journalism, etc.), but Texas is having a really hard time of it right now so I'm donating to West Street Recovery. I found them thru the Strategist list. they're a new org, founded in 2018 with a less than $600k operating budget so I couldn't find that much info on them, nor any financials, but I'm donating anyway since I like their mission, their structure, their website, and their instagram, ha. also, I can donate thru PayPal which covers transaction fees. I've been really trying to use PayPal more on websites, rather than giving my credit card info since I feel like it's that much safer. ...who knows if it actually is. apparently my donation will just cover an hour of staff time :)



No comments: