Friday, November 20, 2020

november 2020 donation - kiva 2

I got laid off last week, which I'm hoping won't affect my monthly donations too much, but this month was a very expensive one. i paid for 4 tickets to the huntington museum for ting's bday, bought a rather expensive pan (it was 35% off for black friday and we do need a new non-stick pan but I don't want a chemically one), and still need to buy christmas presents for people including a $60 hand vacuum for my godmother. I was planning to buy us one too since I broke ours but I'm probably only going to get one if it's super cheap since altho I broke ours, it's basically still usable. 

anyway! so if you read my last post about kiva.org, you saw that I was given a $25 credit from PayPal for a future loan. I decided to lend it to bernard, a tailor in kenya who needs funds to buy materials for his business. 

but I did actually donate too! normally when you donate via credit card, you're asked if you want to help cover transaction costs by adding another like 3-4%. at my previous kiva loan, I donated the requested $3.75 to help cover costs, and this time I donated $6.25 for a total of $10 to kiva this month. 

No comments: