Thursday, November 16, 2017

culture shock

we finally fought, lol. it wasn't much of a fight tho, honestly. firstly, we didn't disagree. secondly, he fucked up and he knew it and, more importantly, he took ownership of it. i had said before that I was curious what our first fight would reveal about us, and from this, I learned that we're going to be okay. granted, we didn't fight fight so I guess it's premature to think that we're compatible in this way, but still.

I had lunch with mike yesterday and we talked about how different j's and my family are. it'll be quite the culture shock should he ever get to really interact with mine. I will likely never randomly bring him over; I'll have to call my parents and give them some warning. my family is just so much more formal than his is. and of my childhood, I think my parents are actually middle of the road. he's never dated an Asian Asian before (his last ex was Asian but was adopted by non-Asians) and, well, you know my history. it'll be weird should any of this have to come up later. tho i am encouraged that he's pretty culinarily adventurous. that'll make things easier for sure.

No comments: