Tuesday, January 19, 2016

making a murderer

have you watched netflix's making a murderer yet? if not, you ought to. it'll scare the hell out of you. buting says "We could all say that we're never going to commit a crime. But we can never guarantee that someone else won't accuse us of a crime." not only that, you might be fucking convicted, innocent or not!!

I think dassey is definitely not guilty. and I think Avery is very likely not guilty. and if he did do it, I totally don't think he did it the way the prosecution said he did.

even outside of the questionable evidence, I don't think Avery did it because (as his lawyers pointed out) he had way better ways of getting rid of her body and the car. I know he's not the smartest man, but I don't think he's that stupid. 2 her blood wasn't anywhere in his room, house, garage. if he killed her, it certainly wasn't in any of those places, as the prosecution said he had. 3 why put her body in the car only to drive her to his backyard?    I do think that it's possible he killed her, tho I don't think it was premeditated. it's possible she showed up, they fought, he hit her and knew it would look bad so decided to go all the way and kill her. even so, I feel like he would know this was a big big fucking deal, given his history. so why call dassey over for the bonfire? (alibi?) but he also seemed totally normal / unstressed on those two phone calls with Jodi that night.

what I actually think happened is that someone killed her and that blank faced sheriff colborn found her car (as evidenced by his call to verify the license plate) and he and lenk decided to frame Avery. lenk found the key fob after no one else had found it in multiple searches and it had none of her dna on it, only avery's. why bother with the whole thing? they were embarrassed (to put it lightly) after the first case. maybe no one was in actual cahoots with manitowoc, but they're all law enforcement agencies. there's got to be some kind of loyalty there.

and I think no one gave a shit about dassey. he was collateral damage. but the thing that really pisses me off is that none of his appeals went thru! fine, so the county has something against him, but the state too? the fuck for? its so obvious kachinsky wasn't ever on his side and did no good for him. terrible.

regardless of what you actually think happened, I don't think you can deny that everyone should have the right to a good lawyer and a fair trial. hell, you should also get an impartial jury, honest law enforcement, unbiased judge, and more. unfortunately I don't think dassey got any of that. Avery at least had good lawyers.

1 comment:

step said...

omg this theory! http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/22/making-a-murderer-steven-avery-brendan-dassey-_n_9048104.html