Tuesday, July 24, 2012

love language

i was going thru old posts recently (bad idea it turns out), and i came across this old one about love languages. it turns out that the test link is no longer active, but i did manage to find the the test. i took the singles one.

7 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
9 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

biggest surprise is that my "physical touch" score has dropped, and quite a bit too, and so my "words or affirmation" has gone up. i definitely agree with this tho. i don't notice so much if rip and i don't hold hands or whatever. but i nearly always notice if he does (or usually doesn't) say "thank you" or "i'm sorry".

what about you; any surprises?

3 comments:

Robbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbie said...

6 Words of Affirmation
6 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
11 Physical Touch

Physical touch score isn't surprising, though I don't recall the other elements being quite so even.

One thing that struck me about the test is that there were some questions in the form "I love when my partner does X" vs. "My partner is great at doing Y" or some variation of that. For many of those types of questions, while I knew which was my preference, I had trouble picking one because my partner doesn't really do either of those things. What's that an indication of?

Angeline said...

I took the wifely one. I wonder what the differences are.

My Scores
7 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

Sounds about right. We haven't bought gifts for each other in a while, and it's not really important to either of us (if we want something, we'll either buy it or we won't).