Wednesday, December 28, 2011

still blogging 2

aol closed down all their blog / website hosting stuff (and eventually they deleted all the sites too). tho they let you transfer everything over to blogger, so i did. but i kept it as three separate blogs: travel log, amusings, and snapshots. and, actually, i didn't link them all to each other either. if you clicked on my profile, you could easily find travel log, which was my personal site. but if you didn't check my profile, you'd have to find it on snapshots. i didn't link it from amusings at all. lol, i dunno, just trying to keep things private-ish i guess. i have a similar set up now too, actually.

in febuary 2006, i created "travel guide" which is really just a site for me to keep track of what i'd read that month. sometime in 2010 i also kind of started to keep track of movies watched.

i started tapering off my blogging in 2006, and in early 2010 i barely blogged at all. in fall 2010 i sort of re-discovered my blogs and started posting again. and by the end of the year i deleted amusings and snapshots. i exported all those posts to travel log tho, so i do still have them all. i was just tired of posting and i was sad to see these dead sites.

for most of 2011 i've been pretty consistent in posting here, usually every 3 or 4 days. i tried adding pictures to make my posts more interesting, but since i'm really just writing for myself, i get tired of finding pictures.

oddly enough, i still have a couple other side sites that i sorta maintain. my restaurant picking site taster's choice. and i occasionally share a post with my girlfriends' old site: 6 degrees of design. (us girls have had a couple blogs over the years as well, lol. (one for all of us started in 2004, one design one (nov 2008), and two wedding specific ones). i also now help maintain my dragon boat team's site. i don't normally contribute content there; i mostly just post our weekly digest. but i did tinker with the design a little bit, adding the nav bar and a few other simple things.

anyway, i just wanted to write this up in case many many years from now i struggled to remember how i got started blogging. btw, shout outs to ting, robert, and rip. you three have pretty consistently read and commented my entire blogging career. angel has started reading / commenting a lot too. that really means a lot. thanks everyone!! :) it's super awesome cause i write / post for me. even back when i was doing "amusings" it was so i could somehow keep track of all the funny things i'd found. i now use this site and my google+ for interesting articles.

No comments: