Saturday, September 3, 2011

ashamed

the other day my neighbor asked where i find the organizations that i do drives for. was it through my church?, he asked. so i replied that no, i find the organizations online. i don't go to church; i'm an atheist. he made a face and said that i "shouldn't say things like that." i didn't ask, but i figure "that" is that i'm an atheist.

WTH?

religious people are now offended that i'm an atheist and ask me to not say what my religious affiliation is even though it basically came up in the conversation? well FUCK you! i didn't ask for christmas or "under god" in our pledge of allegiance and i sure as hell don't appreciate it when homeless people i give money to tell me "god bless." that makes me want to snatch my money right back. it also makes me want to yell at every religion pushing person that "goddamn it, atheists do nice stuff too!" but that would make me a bigot, just like you!

keep your fucking religion to yourself, and i'll keep my heathen ways to myself. don't bloody preach at me and then tell me to not talk about how i don't believe in any of that shit you do. btw, i didn't even fucking talk about it! all i said was that i don't go to church since i'm an atheist. that's it. it's like you telling me telling me that you go to synagogue cause you're jewish. i don't ask you to keep that info to yourself because it's nothing to be ashamed of.

you ought to be ashamed of yourself! you shouldn't silence others just cause they disagree with you. let's all just be loud and proud together, okay?

No comments: