Tuesday, May 24, 2011

blue book drama

it was finals week and somewhat unwisely i waited until 30 minutes before class to go buy my blue book. crazily enough, the stupid bookstore was closed early! but someone directed me to a vending machine for scantrons and stuff.

so i went over and saw that luckily, there was one set of blue books left. (i only needed one, but it came with two). but guess what? the normally 39cent blue books are priced at $1.25 for two. that's fucking crazy!! i could buy three for this price, with almost enough for tax! and of course i only have $1, $10, and two dimes. gah!

i so buy the blue books with my $10bill and get a ton of change back. but the change return "pocket" of the vending machine is really shallow so some of the change bounced out onto the ground. btw, this machine is in a freaking cage so getting my change was kind of difficult. gah!

i angrily text rip. he tells me to sell my extra blue book to someone for $1.

anyway, i go to my classroom, which is locked, so i sit in the hallway and count out my change. strangely enough, i have $5 in dollar coins and another $4.75 in quarters. yup. somehow i got $9.75 in change from $10 for $1.25 purchase. i guess maybe the person ahead of me couldn't get to their change on the ground in the cage (or didn't notice it)?

i have my coins stacked up around me, and as i happily text rip about the new developments my teacher comes by. she asks if i'm planning to bribe her. i laugh and ask if that'll work? i tell her the story and she suggests i sell the extra blue book for $1.

we get into the classroom and of course some guy comes in and asks if anyone has an extra blue book. i give him mine, not saying anything about money cause seriously, i just bought two for 25cents. he thanks me but doesn't say anything about money either, which i think is actually pretty rude. oh well.

another couple minutes go by and a girl comes in and asks if anyone has an extra blue book. someone gives her one and she thanks the girl and hands her $1. the girl doesn't say "whoa, that's too much!" or "dont' worry about it" or anything along those lines, she just pockets the dollar.

i angrily text rip again. gah!!

1 comment:

t said...

LOL. sorry, this story is actually really funny to me. cuz...its like something you read about happening to you, not something that actually happens to you. aww, im sorry friend. if it were me, i'd offer to pay you...$1.10! 10% MORE! :D