Monday, April 16, 2007

save as!

gar, i'm an idiot! for a while now i've been keeping track of my site counter. everytime after i post i open up my excel file and jot down the date and number of hits. i've been doing this for all of 2006 and a little before that. anyway. as i started updating again in 2007 i decided to startup a new file. (i have different spreadsheets for my different sites). so i openned up the file, save ased, deleted all the old stuff, wrote down the new stuff and saved. tonight i come on and realized that holycrap i didn't save as, i just saved. which means that i saved over everything from before! how stupid can i freakin be?! argh! i do have two hard drives tho. and occasionally i'll go thru and copy stuff from my main hard drive to my other. so i checked in there and while i did find a backup it's way old. like from june of last year. so basically i lost half a year's worth of stuff. bah. i kno i also backed up my stuff onto disk but i think it did it all around the same time so i don't imagine that that copy will be much more current. sooo stupid!

btw, i'm not gonna go thru and really catch you up wit my life (if you really cared enough you would've asked me before. and if you're just stalking me online then, well, tough). but i have been updating my flickr pretty consistantly so you can go and check that out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually, lucky me, i found that i had saved my complete 2006 counter tracking list on a usb stick of mine. so i got everything back. :) yay!