Wednesday, April 25, 2007

last words

+------------------- Famous Last Words --------------------+  

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa  

"O.K. I won't." -Elvis Presley responding to his girlfriend's request that he not fall asleep in the bathroom  

"It's very beautiful over there." - Thomas A. Edison 

"Why not? Why not?" - Timothy Leary  

"I'm tired of fighting. I guess this is going to get me." - Harry Houdini  

"Remember me to my friends, tell them I'm a hell of a mess." - H.L. Mencken, essayist

"Monsieur, I beg your pardon." - Marie Antoinette, to her executioner, after stepping on his foot accidentally  

"Dying is a very dull affair. My advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it." - Author Somerset Maugham  

"But, but, Mister Colonel-" - Benito Mussolini, executed 1945  

"I'm not afraid to die, Honey...I know the Lord has his arms wrapped around this big fat sparrow." - Blues singer Ethel Waters  

"I am about to, or, I am going to die. Either expression is used." - Dominique Bouhours, grammarian  

"Never felt better." - Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. 

No comments: