Sunday, June 4, 2006

pd..f-off!

so recently i've been hanging out a bit wit couples and have noticed that they're a bit more touchy feely than reep and i are. i was actually a bit icked out by some of their pda but appt wat they're doing is quite normal: holding hands under the table during meals, arms around each other when standing in a group of friends, leaning on each other when either standing or sitting, and feeding each other. ...it's strange because i thought that i had gotten better at the touchy feely bit but appt i have a ways to go. =\ but ting and i agreed that you'll never offend someone by not touching. it's only when doing it too much that people will get grossed out. so actually, i'm like... doing a public service by being super socially conscious. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now its gross to feed each other if youre seated at a table with others eating a meal. what you do is cut a piece or whatever and stick it on their plate. duh. geez.

AND DONT FREAKING GRAB A HANDFUL OF SOMEONES BUTT AND SQUEEZE in public. disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was never a huge fan of PDAs cuz I think people are overly PDA-ish and I wouldn't want to impose that on others. I also think it depends on the people who are displaying the PDA. You can hold someone's hand or put your head on someone's shoulder either a.) very possessively or b.) very casually. I do it very casually to people all the time, and if I did it to a guy, it would still be very casual, I wouldn't even call it a PDA cuz it's more like a hug or something. But I can see how someone else could make a simple head-on-shoulder thing something you want to look away from. I guess it just depends on the people. I always chalk it up to individuals.

But I digress! I've had my coffee, it's making me twitchy. Ta ta! I do enjoy your musings. ~ang*e

Anonymous said...

you obviously dont update enough. obviously.