Thursday, March 9, 2006

bday

so i never did update about my bday. it was awesome. :) well laid back but lots of fun anyway. started off the saturday by cleaning the house and wat not then driving over to honey bakery to buy myself a cake. yum! i ordered one of those chinese kinds. the vanilla sort. with fruit. got my name written on it and everything and then they tell me they don't accept credit cards! i drive over to albertson's to buy a 7-up and some chips and to get some cash back from my credit card (i'd forgotten to bring my atm card along as i never use the thing anyway). find out you can't get cash back from a credit card. argh! am ready to drive home to ask my dad for some money (he offered to pay anyway) but tsai calls and tells me she'll go to the bank and we'll meet at honey bakery. i go. and sit in my car. like a naughty teenager waiting for her parents to bail her out of jail. tsai shows up. we buy the cake. yay! ting and chang at already at my house waiting!

get home. chat and start a bag of chips. chile limon actually. interesting. but quite good. then opened gifts! chang got me that luella purse i'd been driving around town for. seriously. i've asked i think every member of the six to look for it for me when they were at target. and chang bought it for me! tsai got me a cold heat soldering tool! wasn't that an utter surprise (my dad was quite confused) but soo thoughtful! i'd been wanting to get into metallurgy for jewelry making but the equipment all costs so much... so tsai got me this! she was even thoughtful enough to get me an extra tip. which fit into the little hole that was in the box that the tool came in! :) very awesome. and ting! ting spent hella mundo time on making me a photo collage in a shadow box. :) i scanned it in. as you can see it looks all strange... it was too high for it to come out properly. but anyway. it's perfect! was saying to tsai too that i hoped ting made me something with a group photo because i didn't have one of all of us. :)

after that we went to color me mine over in long beach. and spent a while there making our own plates. i'll post pictures of those when we get them back. we're picking them up this weekend! after that we went to ting's to get her elf dvd and then to pizza hut to pick up our cheesy bites pizza which was mm mm good.

sometime during the movie reepal called and came over to deliver my gift. :) so i get to his car and he tells me to close his eyes and to hold out my hand. then he drops something on. i open my eyes. ...it's a lotto ticket. for $5.  ...the kind where he didn't even pick his own numbers... yeah... i mean... he had said before that he thought i was difficult to shop for (i disagree!) and so he was gonna give me something i might like. ...okay. then he gives me a cd that he had burnt. he kept saying that he didn't kno if it was gonna work or not. cause he was in such a rush. ...uh, thanks for the effort (i was actually pretty bugged because i got him his bday gift weeks ago. his bday's in may. and i had told him i already got it. and damnit i had spent time picking that out! and then my bday rolls around and i get... lotto. and a cd which appt he was too busy to make sure worked. they say it's the thought that counts. but... i didn't feel that he had given much thought to this at all... esp since i had suggested that he burn me a cd of panic! songs). ...well anyway. it was nice to see him in any case.

so i went back inside to join the girls again and continued with the movie. btw, we paused the movie right before 9pm and checked the lotto. i didn't win. oh well. after elf ended we had cake and watnot then we watched the endings of some movies on tv. girls left around 12.45am or something.. not too late. tsai still had to drive up to la that night.
but all in all it was a great bday. from my friends i got really thoughtful gifts. and i loved them all! thanks homies!

but it doesn't end just there. no. so sat night i went upstairs and decided to read a bit before going to sleep. so i popped in reepal's cd in my cd player. it didn't work. figured it for a data cd. he calls later and i confirm this. later. sunday night. back at school. reepal reminds me about his cd and i put it in my cd-rom. and guess wat? it was panic! songs. but better yet. there were daphne loves derby songs. i love daphne loves derby. they are probably my most favorite band. and he found their songs. i had told him that i wanted their songs. and he checked online and couldn't find anything. cause they're not mainstream. neither is panic! but dld is even less mainstream. and then he found them. a buncha songs. like 15 songs. and he categorized them by album. and burned them onto the cd for me. that was amazing. i mean... watever doubts i had about the effort he had put into my gift. negated. absolutely. it was incredible. he is incredible. and then i realized. ...i had all these songs already. every single one. and not one more. lol! he found them the same place i found them! haha!! but anyway, it was the thought that counted. and that was just awesome. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for the picture! :) so glad you had super amts of fun on your b-day. we l-ah-v you. please prounce that correctly.