Friday, March 24, 2006

battle of the wits

mood: sarcastic

reepal informs me that tekken is not just a game. well yes, i realize that. it's a lifestyle. a higher calling. a profession. the fulfillment of a dream. divine intervention. a sexual deviation. nectar of the gods. and so on and so forth. ...but seriously. i realize, that to you it's not just a game. that's why i don't get nearly as upset as perhaps i should. but i do ask, seriously, this tekken of yours, whatever you might think it is, is it more important than a girlfriend? hypothetically, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is you traveling in the summer more important than your boyfriend? That's how I see it. Tekken is here, title by title, for limited times at a time, and I'm still here the majority of the time.

And when I said that Tekken isn't just a game, all I meant was that its just as much about hanging out with the people in the scene while the game is still popular.

Anonymous said...

hm.. am i simply travelling? or am i actually trying to figure out wat it is i want to do wit my life and make a lil money on the side? i think it's the latter. and i kno you kno that too. and really, how can you even seriously compare the two? apples and oranges. both are fruit but... this travelling bit that i do, it's not just for fun. sometimes it's a family obligation. and sometimes it's to better myself as a contributing member of society. also, because i've not the great grades, it helps me to get into grad school, which in turn will land me a better job. your tekken business, is that the same? no, not quite. yes you enjoy it, as much, i'm sure, as i do travelling, but it's for a different outcome. you may have your titles, but really, in the real world, wat will that get you? a job? a degree? $15K more a year? something important on your resume? no, it's a hobby. me and my random trips are a hobby too, but last summer and hopefully this summer, it's a lot more than that, and you kno it too. and, i too, am around for the majority of the time. in fact, i think besides when i'm actually gone away, i'm here for you more than you are here for me. but that's a fight for another day perhaps.