Tuesday, May 24, 2005

fight club quotes (self)

narrator: You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX… Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a timeIf you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

 

narrator: …nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy.

 

tyler: Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

 

tyler: Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything.

 

narrator: And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.

 

narrator: [while brutally beating Angel Face] I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke.

 

narrator: I felt like destroying something beautiful.

 

tyler: Congratulations, you are one step closer to hitting bottom.

 

tyler: Fuck what you know. You need to forget about what you know, that's your problem. Forget about what you think you know about life, about friendship, and especially about you and me.

No comments: