Thursday, August 24, 2006

no more pots

scary thing happened yesterday. i was windexing my mom's car windows when i heard my mom yell from inside the house. i didn't think anything of it tho. maybe she saw a bug or was just yelling at my uncle again? soon my uncle comes to the garage and says to me "your mother wants you. your dad fell down and is bleeding all over the place." you kno that place downstairs next to our closet door? the corner from the entryway to our family room. when i came in my dad was kneeling there wit his hands on his head. the ceramic pot was all broken up and there was blood all over. appt he tripped or slipped or something? anyway, it looked pretty bad (but i mean, all head injuries bleed a ton). but after we washed off some of the blood we saw that it really was rather serious.
so i went to call kaiser perm. the emergency number on the back of my card. and i got a machine that tells me to call somewhere else. i call that number and get kaiser billing dept. so i call some other number and like 5 menus later i still didn't kno where to take him! argh! wtf sort of emergency number is this! anyway, i end up calling like two other numbers. and finally get to talk to someone. and she's all asking for like his med number and i interrupt her and ask for my nearest emergency place. she tells me harbor and something. my mom asks about the bellflower clinic. i ask her and she says that yeah that one's probably closer. i ask for the address or cross streets and she doesn't kno! she was nice tho, was trying to think it up for me. but i'm like, wtf? why isn't this in your damn computer!
anyway, so i tell my mom to turn on the comp and i look up kaiser info and soon enough we are on our way to the hosp. then my rents get the brilliant idea that somehow the lakeview one is closer. well, i really don't kno. so i start driving there. turns out it's like hella far from the bellflower one. like twice the distance!
anyway, so we get there. and get helped like 2.5 hours later. ...well, it's not like he was dying or anything. but still. eesh. and when we got there, there was this old guy who was in bad shape. shaking all over, wheelchair, blood all over his shorts.. anyway, he had peed and it was all over the floor and when we left the hospital 3 hours later it still wasn't cleaned up. he had been taken care of much ealier however, thank god. but yeah, so my dad got stitches in four places on his head! forehead, eyebrow, cheek, and lip. jesus! i guess he's okay tho. he went to work today. he said he's gonna tell everyone that my mom got pissed at him and knifed him when he complained about dinner. oish. and about this title. we had a mirror there a couple years ago. i had placed it leaning against the wall in back of the ceramic pot. and my dad broke it. he was opening the closet door and his sleeve caught on the mirror or something. and then last night he falls into the corner and breaks the pot. so we were joking that from now on we should put pillows in that corner, just in case.

day was esp scary for my mom. she had gotten her tb skin test a couple days ago and went in to check it yesterday morning. i already knew she was gonna test positive tho. i mean, i had taken the same test earlier this year and so i kno wat a negative test looks like! anyway, she didn't believe me. and went in and got told she was positive. then she had to take an xray for it. she'll get those results back in a couple weeks. it doesn't really mean anything tho. both my rents are positive for tb and hepb. i think most of my rent's generation my taiwan are. but it's not as tho they actually have the disease. they've just come in contact wit it sometime or another. but she was pretty freaked out by it. thought it meant she was sick or something...

pretty fucking scary day!

No comments: