Friday, January 13, 2006

only me?

ting's comment to my last post: 'soooo did you have fun with your striper guy?? lol, hilarious. only you, well actually i could see this happening to tsai too...' it's strange. i hear this being said to me from time to time: 'that could only happen to you'. and i wonder why that is? but the point of this post isn't about that. it's actually a shout out to stanley thomas (so if anyone that read this knows his email, send this post over, or give him this web address). ...i feel like i've posted about this before but i'm constantly writing in my head and failing to get it down permanently, but anyway... in our group of five (we call ourselves 'the 6' and oh, lol, we're very exclusive so don't bother trying out for that 'empty' spot) i and i'm sure a few others (i doubt i'm alone in this) have forever looked up to annie chang because of her uniqueness. her writing, her clothing, her kitch, etc, all very annie. well, to me anyway. so a couple years ago when i was in australia wit the band (for the olympics!) a bunch of us were talking and i mentioned that i envied annie for her distinctiveness. and stanley jumped in and said that i was more unique than she was. and i damn near glowed. i mean, he said it most likely not even knowing the profound effect this would have on me. but holy crap i think i will carry this wit me for the rest of my life. which is awesome considering that stanley and i were never close. but i will forever remember him, if only for this simple little comment. so anyway, moral of the story: be free wit your compliments. you never kno when you might be altering someone's whole view of themselves. i've never been really down on myself. i've always had pretty high self esteem no matter wat i was going thru. but sometimes when i'm feeling sad about myself i think about a few things that certain people have said to me and i feel so much better about myself. a while ago a girlfriend of mine was complaining about something, her weight maybe? and the others of us said that her boif really didn't do a very good job wit her. because a boif / girlf is supposed to make you feel better about yourself. they're supposed to be your compliment. and they are supposed to compliment you. build you up and make you a better person, just by being wit you. but anyway (goddamn i gotta stop saying 'anyway'! i no longer say 'like' all the time but this 'anyway' business is driving me crazy!) bleh. okay, this post was really er... jumbly wasn't it? not exactly my best writing. oh well. i gotta go pee again. damn uti!!! (btw annie, i wasn't trying to diss you. but you kno that.)

No comments: