Wednesday, January 11, 2006

dinner

coupla weeks ago my rents and i went to rose hills to visit my grandparents and aunt. afterwards we went to some asian supermakert. and i gotta say, altho i've been to a lot of asian supermarkets (even those in asian counties) this was by far the weirdest experience. (notice i say weirdest not unsanitary. taiwan tops all wit that one. bleh.) anyway. we they had live fish and live crab. no big deal you say, sea palace has the same. well yes, but do you get to catch the fish yourself? thought not.. anyway, my rents also decided to pick up some crab for dinner. this is the first time they bought crab live (well, we've done it before but we had a lady who knew wat she was doing. and my rents have no idea how to pick a good live crab). anyway, but they were little things and i wanted to see just how strong they were. VERY! eesh, i put my finger into the claw of one, just to see, and holy shitness that hurt like none other! crikey. was stinging for the next half hour. oh well, i ate that bastard later so i got the last laugh. but those guys are freakin crazy! so we picked the out and put them in a bag. continued to shop for the next hour maybe? then took another half hour to drive home. and when my rents were starting to prepared dinner another half hour after that, the crabs were still alive! all six of them! crazy buggers...

     

1. my dad messing wit a HUGE lobster per my request. 2. dad toying wit the fish per my request. (haha, i'm not a terribly nice girl. but before you go and call peta on me, when i go to the markets wit live crabs i always always turn them over so that they're not laying on their back. and when they're all pushed up in one corner i move them around so they have space. and sometimes if i have the time i'll transfer some water to them so they're all parched and dying. see, i'm nice. oh yeah, peta should call me now and be their spokes person) 3. rents choosing the crabs. lol, i dunno why my mom looks confused. 4. jerk who tried to eat my hand. well, look who i'm having for dinner!! loser...

No comments: